FAQ: What Expenses Can I Be Compensated for if I Am a Victim of a Trucking Accident?

truck accident

Thousands of accidents involving commercial trucks occur each year, and many involve regular vehicles as well. Unfortunately, the drivers and passengers of regular vehicles are much more vulnerable to serious injuries and even death.

The Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys are commonly asked what expenses victims of trucking accidents can be compensated for? According to trucking accident Attorney Scott Mann, there are two types of damages victims face, which could involve compensation.

Two Types of Trucking Accident Damages

Economic Damages

Economic damages include medical costs (past and future), lost income (what you have already incurred and are likely to incur in the future) and household services (tasks around the home that were/will be difficult or impossible to perform).

Non-economic Damages

Non-economic damages include pain, suffering, mental anguish and disability. Although hard to quantify how much someone should be compensated for such damages, there is typically a per diem. The per diem would involve compensating someone for their pain, suffering, mental anguish and disability on a day-to-day basis, both for the past and future.

Have You Been in a Trucking Accident?

If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident, you may be entitled to compensation related to your economic and non-economic damages. The Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys are adept at handling such cases. We are highly qualified in:

  • Investigating your accident to compile evidence, including sensitive DOT inspection records and logs.
  • Negotiating aggressively with the trucking insurance company.
  • Filing and pursuing a lawsuit on your behalf (in the case of unsuccessful negotiations).

Request a free consultation with our team of trucking accident attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400. We look forward to speaking with you!