Have you suffered a personal injury in Kansas City, Kansas? If so, there is likely physical pain, not to mention fear and uncertainty about the future. Probably the last thing you want to do is go to court to fight for your rights as a personal injury victim. Fortunately, filing a personal injury lawsuit in Kansas City does not necessarily mean you will need to go to court.
According to personal injury attorney Jesse Tanksley of the Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys Midwest Personal Injury Firm, “Most cases are resolved before having to present evidence to a jury.” Tanksley went on to explain the following steps:
- Your attorney will attempt to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- If the negotiations are unsuccessful, your lawsuit will be filed.
- After the lawsuit is filed, the Discovery process follows. The process is an opportunity for both sides to obtain information through:
- Written Discovery
- Subpoena(s) for Information
- Mediation is another opportunity for the parties to resolve matters, although negotiations may continue to be made throughout the process.
- If none of the above resolves matters, the case will go to court, although this is less common.
We Can Help With Your Kansas City, Kansas, Personal Injury Claim
A personal injury case can be complicated and emotional due to your pain and suffering, so if you have suffered an injury, we encourage you to contact the Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys Kansas City team as soon as possible for a free consultation. We work on contingency, so there are absolutely no fees until a settlement or verdict is reached!
Practicing specifically in the areas of auto accident law, personal injury, trucking accidents and workers’ compensation, our Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys Midwest Personal Injury Firm attorneys have more than 50 years of trial and litigation experience. We’ve collected millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Request a free consultation with our team of Kansas City personal injury attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400. We look forward to speaking with you!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Our law firm was founded in 1999 by attorney Scott Mann. With more than 50 combined years of trial and litigation experience, we are one of the Midwest’s most qualified firms practicing exclusively in personal injury, including car accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, and workers’ compensation.