Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Kansas
Under Kansas law, if you’re injured by another party’s negligence or recklessness, you have a limited time period to file a lawsuit against that at-fault party. This time period is known as the statute of limitations. Kansas’ statute of limitations on personal injury claims typically requires you to file your suit within two years of the date of your injury.
In limited circumstances, you may have additional time to file suit. For example, a minor who suffers personal injury has until one year following his or her 18th birthday (but no more than eight years after the date of injury). The limitations period may not begin to run until the injured victim discovers (or should discover through reasonable diligence) the nature and circumstances of the injury.
If you don’t file suit before the statute of limitations on your claim expires, the court will have grounds to permanently dismiss your claim. This is why it is crucial to speak with an experienced Hutchinson personal injury attorney as soon as possible about your case.
Directions to Our Hutchinson Personal Injury Law Firm
Our firm has a conveniently located office to serve the members of our Hutchinson community. Our office is located at 201 E. First Ave., Hutchinson KS, 67501. To reach our office:
- From KS 14/KS 96: Head east on Fourth Avenue. Turn right onto North Poplar Street. Turn left onto East First Avenue.
- From Ken Kennedy Freeway: Head west on Fourth Avenue or East Avenue A. Take Poplar Street to East First Avenue.
- From the junction of U.S. 50 and KS 14/KS 96: Head north on Main Street. Continue onto Woodie Seat Freeway. Keep right at the fork and merge onto Avenue A. Turn left onto Poplar Street. Turn right onto East First Avenue.
How Our Hutchinson Personal Injury Attorney Can Help with Your Case
At Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys, our Hutchinson personal injury attorneys can help you by:
- Thoroughly investigating the circumstances of your accident and injuries to recover all available evidence for your case
- Working with expert witnesses to determine how your accident occurred and to identify the parties responsible for your injuries
- Documenting the full extent of your injuries and losses, including future anticipated losses
- Filing claims for compensation on your behalf with the at-fault parties and their insurers, and where applicable, helping you pursue compensation from your own insurance coverage
- Aggressively pursuing full settlements in an efficient manner so that you can move on with your life
- Preparing your case to be filed in court, if necessary, and vigorously advocating for your rights at trial
We understand that a serious injury can put a financial burden on you and your family. However, you deserve experienced legal representation to help you pursue your claims from those responsible for your accident. That’s why, when you choose our firm to help with your personal injury case, you owe us no fees unless we successfully recover financial compensation for you.
Don’t wait another day to schedule a free consultation with a Hutchinson personal injury attorney from Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys. Contact us now to get started.