Auto accidents can change your life in an instant. It can be an overwhelming experience, but it’s much more than an accident between 2 motorists. Adding to the confusion are insurance companies, police, hospitals, ambulances, doctors, tow trucks, auto mechanics, lawyers, and others involved with the case. Our car accident attorneys know how difficult this ordeal can be for victims.
“Seek legal representation if you have been involved in a serious accident,” says Scott Mann, car accident attorney.
If you are ever involved in an auto accident, we would like you to remember these important safety tips:
- Investigate for Injuries – Make sure everyone is alright. Don’t attempt to move a severely injured person. Call 911 and let the police and EMT crews do their jobs.
- Don’t Say “I’m Sorry” – Insurance companies can deny your claim if you apologize to the other driver. Do not admit fault in any way, especially when the accident was caused by the other motorist.
- Exchange Information – Get the other driver’s name, contact information, driver’s license number, make and model of vehicle, and their insurance carrier and policy number.
- Record Every Detail – You need to write down every accident detail to make sure you get fair compensation. Talk to witnesses and take pictures of any damage. This will help in proving your case to insurance companies or in a legal settlement.
- Contact Your Insurance Company – Reporting the accident to your insurance company is crucial to protecting your interests. Your provider will assess your options, and send an appraiser to estimate the damages to your automobile.
- Don’t Accept the First Offer – It’s not in your best interest to accept the first offer from the other driver’s insurance company. They are trying to settle the case as soon as possible without regard for your needs. Review the settlement with your insurance provider first. If you are being denied coverage completely, then call a car accident attorney.
“Mann, Wyatt & Tanksley is dedicated to helping injured victims reclaim their lives,” says Scott. “We want to restore their self-worth and self-esteem by giving them new opportunities to get their lives back on track. Please contact our office for a consultation if you have been the victim of an auto accident.”