FAQ: What if I Am a Victim of a Hit and Run Accident?

The number of hit-and-run accidents in the United States has been increasing each year with an overall average near 700,000 per year. Sadly, one recent year saw an increase in hit-and-run deaths of 60 percent from 2009.

“Hit-and-run crashes in the United States are trending in the wrong direction,” said Dr. David Yang, executive director of the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. “Our analysis shows that hit-and-run crashes are a growing traffic safety challenge.”

With such concerning statistics, the Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys in Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma are often asked, “What if I am a victim of a hit-and-run accident?”

According to car accident Attorney Jesse Tanksley, if you have been injured in a hit-and-run accident, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation. A skilled car accident attorney can help obtain compensation to cover medical treatment, rehabilitative care, lost wages, future lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma.

Have You Been in a Hit-and-Run Accident?

The car accident team at Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys is passionate about helping people like you. Our car accident attorneys specialize in:

  • Investigating your accident to compile evidence.
  • Negotiating on your behalf with the insurance company.
  • Filing and pursuing a lawsuit on your behalf (in the case of unsuccessful negotiations).

Request a free consultation with our team of car accident attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400. We look forward to speaking with you!