In a recent year, there were close to 60,000 traffic accidents reported within the state of Kansas. Some studies have found that most drivers will be in approximately four accidents during their lifetime. Given such statistics, it’s important to know what steps you should take immediately after a car accident.
With the assistance of Mike Wyatt, car accident attorney at Mann, Wyatt & Tanksley Injury Attorneys in Hutchinson, Kansas, we have developed a helpful list that could be followed in the event of a car accident:
- Immediately contact the authorities.
- If there is any chance that you have been injured, it is important to seek medical care right away, which might mean leaving the car accident scene in an ambulance or going to an emergency room. Often, car accident injuries are not felt for several days after the accident, so it’s important to seek medical care even if you do not feel immediate or severe pain.
- Collect information from any and all witnesses of your car accident.
- Contact a car accident attorney immediately, if possible, prior to discussing the case with any insurance companies.
- Take photographs of the damage to your property and have medical documentation of any injuries and unusual symptoms.
- Do not accept any type of settlement offer without first understanding the long-term effects of the accident, especially your injuries. Your car accident attorney will help in this.
Contact a Hutchinson Car Accident Attorney Immediately
If you have been injured in a Hutchinson car accident, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation. Such compensation could help with medical treatment, rehabilitative care, lost wages, future lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma.
The car accident attorneys of the Mann, Wyatt & Tanksley Injury Firm assist clients like you within the Hutchinson area. If you retain one of our car accident attorneys to pursue your car accident case, we will investigate your accident, negotiate with the applicable insurance company and, in the case of unsuccessful negotiations, file and pursue a lawsuit.
Request a free consultation with our team of Hutchinson car accident attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Our law firm was founded in 1999 by attorney Scott Mann. With more than 50 combined years of trial and litigation experience, we are one of the Midwest’s most qualified firms practicing exclusively in personal injury, including car accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, and workers’ compensation.