No Such Thing as a Small Accident
You may think the small ordeal on the road you’ve gone through was just a minor accident. No one was hurt, and, perhaps, no one else on the road saw anything. No witnesses means less chance of police issuing you a ticket or charging you.
Maybe the driver of the other vehicle suggested quietly settling the small bump. He’s happy to be paid a little to cover the tiny paint scratch his car now has. It feels like it’s easier to just say yes to his idea, and then you can both walk away.
Top Reasons to Retain Attorneys Handling Auto Accident Cases or Personal Injury Attorney
If the situation above sounds familiar, take heart. You’re not alone in this predicament, and, as tempting as it may be, you don’t have to give in to the other driver’s wishes.
Here are six important reasons not to settle this quietly as he would want. Learn why it’s vital to have attorneys handling auto accident cases, even in seemingly small cases such as these.
1. You may think you suffered only minor injuries, but your body could have experienced whiplash or other such damages that won’t negatively affect you until weeks—sometimes even years—after a tiny car accident occurs. It’s much better to look after your health immediately and to have legal help with this process in case of high hospital bills later on.
2. Sometimes, after a small accident, the car incurs damages that are not yet visible. You may be able to drive it immediately after the incident, but down the line, you could experience car trouble caused by the accident. It’s hard to foresee this unless you get it examined, which can be costly.
3. Even though the other driver tells you he would like to settle the matter quietly, who’s to say he’s not going to report this accident to his car insurance company? You could be liable later on for something that you thought you had gotten out of the way weeks ago.
4. Hiring a personal injury attorney or lawyer lets someone else handle the claim, cutting your time in half, and saving you loads of unnecessary stress. If you decide to handle the claim on your own, you must take into account how time-consuming this llegal process can be.
5. You won’t miss essential deadlines and commitments. These may normally prevent you from pursuing a car accident case on your own, but with the right help, you can save time and energy. Get legal help so you can reach all your goals and still tend to your personal life. This will help you rest assured your case is being handled correctly and you have a better chance or recovery.
6. You must find someone with the right expertise to guide your through the complex legal process. This will help you rest assured your case is being handled correctly and you have a better chance or recovery.
If you’ve been in a car accident, hiring an attorney will allow you to deal with all the other matters in life without having to worry about compromising your legal claim. Call the Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys for advice about your auto accident claim today.