Drivers, on average, will be involved in four traffic accidents during their lifetime. Although not all car accidents cause injuries or fatalities, it is always important to know what steps you should take immediately after a car accident.
With the assistance of Mike Wyatt, car accident attorney at Mann, Wyatt & Tanksley Injury Attorneys in Springfield, we have developed a helpful list that could be followed in the event of a car accident:
- Immediately contact the authorities.
- If there is any chance that you have been injured, it is important to seek medical care right away, which might mean leaving the car accident scene in an ambulance or going to an emergency room on your own. Often, car accident injuries are not felt for several days after the accident, so it’s important to seek medical care even if you do not feel immediate or severe pain.
- Collect information from any and all witnesses of your car accident.
- Contact a car accident attorney immediately— preferably prior to discussing the case with any insurance companies.
- Take photographs of the damage to your property and have medical documentation of any injuries and unusual symptoms.
- Do not accept any type of settlement offer without first understanding the long-term effects of the accident, especially your injuries. Your car accident attorney will help in this.
Contact a Springfield Car Accident Attorney Immediately
If you have been injured in a Springfield car accident, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation. While a settlement can cover the costs of your medical treatment, rehabilitative care and property damage, compensation can also be provided for lost wages, future lost income, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma.
The car accident attorneys of the Mann, Wyatt & Tanksley Injury Firm assist clients like you within the Springfield area. If you retain Wyatt or one of our other car accident attorneys to pursue your car accident case, we will investigate your accident, negotiate with the applicable insurance company, and file and pursue a lawsuit (in the case of unsuccessful negotiations).
Request a free consultation with our team of Springfield car accident attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400.