FAQ: Can I Refuse Medical Treatment?

medical treatment

As the largest city in Reno County, Kansas, Hutchinson residents may be at an increased risk of suffering personal injury, with causes ranging from traffic accidents to workplace injuries. If you’ve experienced such an injury in the Hutchinson area, you may be considering filing a lawsuit over the injuries caused to your body, mind or emotions.

Some injured individuals have avoided taking legal action due to the unknown. Perhaps you have worried about the medical treatment that will be recommended, or if you would have the right to refuse such medical treatment.

According to personal injury attorney Mitch Rice of the Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys in Hutchinson, Kansas, “When a treating physician recommends some sort of treatment, you are not required to undergo any treatment or care in that situation, and you can select whatever route you want to go.”

However, it’s important to note that there are situations in which a judge may order you to seek an independent medical examination. In those instances, you must undergo the examination or the judge could have reason to dismiss your case.

Do You Need to File a Personal Injury Claim?

Our team of attorneys in Hutchinson, Kansas, have more than 50 years of trial and litigation experience, practicing specifically in the areas of auto accident law, personal injury, trucking accidents and workers’ compensation. We’ve collected millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.

There are time limits for filing a personal injury claim, so if you have suffered an injury, we encourage you to contact Mann Wyatt Tanksley Injury Attorneys as soon as possible for a free consultation. There are absolutely no fees until a settlement or verdict is reached!

Request a free consultation with our team of Hutchinson personal injury attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400. We look forward to speaking with you!